Hi! This is Cassandra writing an article on the benefits of Pears.
Ask anyone what is your favourite fruit? The answers you generally get are mango, orange, watermelon but very few people like pears.
Well when you come to know the benefits pears have I am sure next time you are asked what is your favourite fruit its gonna be pears.
Pears are delicious and nutritious fruit.
They have been cultivated for at least 3,000 years in western Asia.
The first pear tree was planted in America in 1620.
They are very high in fiber and a very good source of Vitamin E.
Nutritional Value of Pears: ( 100gm)
Carbohydrates : 15.46g
Sugars : 9.80g
Protein : 0.38g
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) : 0.012mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) : 0.025mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) : 0.157mg
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) : 0.048mg
Vitamin B6 : 0.028mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) : 7mg
Vitamin C : 4.2mg
Calcium : 9mg
Iron : 0.17mg
Magnesium : 7mg
Phosphorus : 11mg
Potassium : 119mg
Zinc : 0.10mg
The benefits of Pears:
1. Folate in the pear prevents neural tube defects in infants.
2. Consumption of pear juice helps relieve pain in various inflammatory conditions.
3. As pears are rich in Vitamin C, pears have antioxidant properties which protect body cells from oxygen-related damage caused by free radicals.
4. The fiber in pears helps prevent constipation and also ensures regularity of bowel movements.
5. It also protects women from postmenopausal breast cancer.
6. Regular consumption of pears lowers risk of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Pears also help in lowering blood pressure and reduce the chances of a stroke.
8. Also drinking a glass of pear juice is believed to help in bringing down fever.
9. The antioxidant properties of pears help in strengthening the immune system.
10. Fructose and glucose which are present in pear help as a very quick source of energy.
11. The presence of boron in pears help the body to retain calcium and thus it reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
12. Drinking the juice of pear in summer helps keep the body cool and also prevents sore throat.
13) Pears is good for diabetics because its sweetness is supplied in large part by levulose, fruit sugar that is more easily tolerated by diabetics.
14) Pears can help prevent Nephritis ( inflammation of the kidneys).
15) It can help against Acidosis ( deficiency in alkalinity of the blood).
16) It helps prevent allergies and other skin problems.
17) It can help prevent colitis (inflammation of the colon).
18) Pear is high in vitamin B-complex and potassium, which is beneficial for the heart and for blood pressure.
19) When you boil 2 chinese pears with some raw honey and drink it warm, it is extremely healing for the throat and the vocal cord.
20) The high content of pectin in pears make it very useful in helping in lower cholesterol level.
Pears taste great, and they're good for you, so be sure to have them and reap all the health benefits of pears.
Authors Brief Bio: Cassandra Barboza BA Graduate, loves Psychology and helping people find happiness in their lives. Presently doing an Advanced Diploma course in Counselling, loves to travel and make friends.