I, Neerja Bhatnagar welcome all of you to my article benefits of ginger.
A hot cup of ginger tea is welcomed by one and all at any time at any place. Ginger is one of the good foods that can give you a health punch.
Ginger is a natural spice known throughout the world.
It is aromatic and pungent by nature. Its fragrance can be sensed from a far distance.
Ginger is an underground rhizome of the plant.
It has a unique striated texture with a brown or a mud colored peeling.
Ginger is one of the most sorted out vegetable while selecting the food products at the local vegetable shop.
It is an important part of the tea especially during winters.
It is priced and valued due to its innumerable therapeutic properties and medicinal values.
It has been mentioned in an ancient Chinese, Indian and Middle Eastern writings.
Ginger is often found in two varieties: The soft fresh one and the weathered tough one.
The fresh one can be used for two to three weeks by storing it in the refrigerator while the other one can be stored in an air tight container and can be used for three to four months.
Fresh ginger root is available year round in the produce section of any local market.
Ginger can be consumed in some other forms also like consuming crystallized candy or pickled one.
Indian ginger is said to have the most potent medicinal properties.
Ginger is a good source of potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese and vitamin B6.
Ginger is not a commonly allergenic food and is not known to contain measurable amounts of oxalates or purines.
A very common homemade recipe which is very tasty and spicy is using ginger flacks in lemon juice.
One can easily Spice up healthy sautéed vegetables by adding freshly minced ginger.
Now coming to, some of the benefits of Ginger.
1. Ginger is good effective solution for overcoming nausea.
2. It is also helpful in case of morning sickness which has been proved by the review of several studies done.
3. Ginger slows down the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
4. It acts like a powerful pain killer due to its great anti inflammatory property
5. A cup of Ginger tea will surely help a person to cure heart burn.
6. It has a strong standing as a natural healer for colds and flu.
7. The study has shown that Ginger powder induces cell death in the ovarian cancer to which it is applied.
8. It is also used to heal the menstrual cramps especially in the Chinese treatment.
9. Ginger is highly recommended for curing the digestive problems as it helps in calming down the upset stomach.
10. Ginger also regulates and promotes the bile flow in the body.
11. Ginger helps to keep the cardio vascular system healthy.
12. It improves the blood circulation hence very fruitful for a general body health.
13. It has the property of keeping the blood platelets less sticky hence a good agent to keep a healthy heart.
14. The Ginger oil is used for massage which helps in relieving pain in joints, muscles and bones.
15. Ginger is seen to be very useful for the oral health care as it reduces the bad breath.
16. It is seen to reduce the bad respiratory conditions of all stages.
17. It helps in controlling and reliving the patients from various allergies.
18. Ginger is used for the sour throat treatment. It is an age old remedy used by everyone.
19. Ginger helps to relive the gastric problems.
20. It is an easy remedy for bloating of the stomach also.
21. The consumption of Ginger helps to work against the skin and the breast cancer.
22. The cineole content present in Ginger helps to contribute to relive stress in a person.
23. Ginger act as a great mood enhancer.
24. Ginger is seen as a good remedy for lowering the cholesterol.
25. Ginger is very effective in preventing the symptoms of seasickness.
26. Ginger provides great relief to the migraine victims due to its availability to stop the agent prostaglandins which cause the pain and inflammation in the blood vessels.
27. Ginger if mixed with honey and pepper it is seen to show great results in asthmatic patients.
28. Ginger contains a potent germ-fighting agent that may help fight off many infections.
29. Ginger may also help to restore memory for some individuals.
30. Ginger is also considered as an agent to reduce incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
Although ginger may not be able to fix all of our health problems but I believe that it is an effective and safe herb to consider for nutritional inclusion and we all will start to add ginger to more meals simply for its potential to do good factor.
I hope this article must have helped you to appreciate benefits of ginger in your daily diet which can definitely lead to wholesome effects.
Author’s profile- Ms. Neerja Bhatnagar is an environmentalist, a lecturer, a social worker, a classical dancer and a soft-skill trainer/ consultant. She is a recipient of various academics and literary accolades including President’s Gold Medal and Directors Silver Medals at university level. Travelling and good music are her passion. Presently she is engaged in pursuing an advanced diploma in counseling and guidance.