Itís Wonderful! Itís Magic!
I am Mrs.V.Manimozhi. Today let us learn why we shouldnít shy away from CABBAGE.
Cabbage is one of the most medicinal vegetable you will find in your grocery store. Its inexpensive but the richest when it comes to healing.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins K & C. 1 cup of shredded cabbage contains 91% of the RDA for vitamin K and 50% for vitamin C. Other than this cabbage is rich in fiber, manganese, vitamin B6 and folate. It also has thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, potassium, vitamin A, trytophin, protein and magnesium.
1. Cabbage contains powerful medicinal compounds that help heal all types of cancers including peptic cancer.
2. It is used as a natural remedy for stomach ulcers.
3. Cabbage strengthens the stomach liningís resistance to acid attacks.
4. Drinking a cup of cabbage juice four times a day can heal stomach ulcers in just 10 days.
5. Cabbage is very useful in treating headache, colic and insomnia.
6. The vitamin c and sulphur in cabbage cures conditions such as arthritis and metabolic disturbances.
7. Cabbage nourishes the spleen-pancreas, regulates the stomach and relieves abdominal spasms and pains.
8. The fiber in cabbage treats constipation.
9. Vitamin C in cabbage helps cure common colds
10. Cabbage juice helps in mental depression and irritability.
11. Cabbage purifies blood.
12. Raw Cabbage detoxifies the stomach and upper bowels of putrefactive wastes, there by improving digestive efficiency.
13. It works to alkalinize the body, stimulates the immune system and kills harmful bacteria and viruses.
14. Cabbage is highly recommended as a muscle builder.
15. Cabbage is good blood cleanser.
16. Cabbage serves as an eye strengthener.
17. Cabbage is advised for healthy teeth, gums, hair, nails and bones.
18. Cabbage cures asthma, tuberculosis and gout.
19. It helps in obesity.
20. Cabbage control diabetes.
21. Cabbage is useful in kidney and bladder disorders.
22. It is an excellent tonic for cases where there is an iron deficiency.
23. Cabbage is used to prevent scurvy.
24. Cabbage helps in the treatment of varicose veins.
25. Cabbage being rich in iodine helps in proper functioning of brain and nervous system.
26. It helps to keep the endocrinal gland in proper condition.
27. It is very helpful in the treatment of neurotic disorders such as Alzheimerís disease.
28. Drink fresh cabbage juice if you are suffering from gastritis.
29. Cabbage can lower serum cholesterol.
30. The Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium in cabbage are useful for over-all health.
So, I think this article is really an eye-opener. Be it soup, salad, curry or any dish; add more and more cabbage to your diet. It will help you to live a healthier and a long life.
Authors brief Biodata: I am Mrs.ManiMozhi teacher by profession. I am good at conducting Quiz competitions, compering for school functions and Annual days. I love drawing and painting. I am a good cook. I am doing a diploma in counseling at present.